III Starlight Conference - New Zealand 2012
Just as communities designate areas for recreation, sport, the enjoyment of nature or silence, these same sites and others can be places where the starry sky is enjoyed. A StarPark is an oasis that each community designates for stargazing/observing, a site where to learn under the st...
The New Zealand International Starlight conference will take place at Lake Tekapo, New Zealand in June 2012.
The conference will be the third in a series, following meetings in La Palma in April 2007 and on Fuerteventura in March 2009.
It will address themes concerning:
- the defense of the quality of the night sky,
- the right to observe the stars,
- the heritage of starlight,
- the issues of light pollution,
- the protection of observatory sites,
- the benefits of public outreach in astronomy and the
- cultural aspects of visual astronomy
|< Prev||Next >|